This is a core course that covers the areas of health planning, management and non- human resource materials management. It also includes the design and use of health information for planning and decision making.
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Define and discuss the different types of planning;
- Discuss managerial roles, functions of management and management principles;
- To apply principles of planning to making strategic and operational health plans;
- Manage and use information for decision making in health care delivery.
- Involve stakeholders in the planning process;
- Discuss the logistics cycle and its application to health services;
- Manage non-human material resources (Transport, buildings).