The course aims at introducing students to concepts in monitoring and evaluation in health services and rationale for it. Areas to be covered shall include: Monitoring as continuous function to ensure activities progressing well, relation to milestones and output targets. Evaluation as regards to organisational/institutional/programme objectives, relation to outcomes (and in some cases impact).
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define M&E
- Discuss the application of M&E
- Explain the different types of evaluation
- Apply the systems model to understanding and explaining M&E
- Identify types, uses and characteristics of good indicators
- Use Logical framework, Gant charts and work plan formats for M&E
- Conduct an evaluation of health program.